Saturday, January 12, 2008

The plunge!

I have already talked about the dilemma in my earlier post and so many of you have come up with your viewpoints which I've read and re-read many a times.

And despite the dilemma I've taken the plunge. I told the first company I will be joining them from Monday. Well, probably since the second company has still not come up with the final figure that they are going to offer me, I guess it was a no-choice scenario.

Everyone has been telling me to go for the first offer and not to worry about Anirudh as he is not that small a child anymore. And I wonder when will he really not be small enough in my eyes. I guess till he is in his teens. Probably not even then. Who knows...

My parent-in-laws, hubby's younger brother and my Appa, all have been pro the first offer because its such a renowned company. Although me and hubby also feel more pro to this company because of the profile being offered. It will be a good career boost for me. However, we still are rather I am still so apprehensive about Betu.

Its a situation where mind says "Go for it!" and heart says "Hold it!". Ever since Thursday thats what I've been thinking all the time. And hubby can make out from my expressions and behaviour that this dilemma is taking a toll on me. So after thinking, and thinking and some more thinking I decided to go for it looking at everyone's positive outlook towards this opening.

And today, about 30 mins ago I told the Senior HR person that I will join them on Monday, Jan 14, 2008.

So the plunge has been taken and I am just praying hard that everything goes smooth and that I am able to do justice to the job and to home and to Anirudh!


The mind won over the heart this time...

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Hutch

13 comments:

  1. congrats and wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud luck and all the very best. Am sure it will turn out to be the best decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Maybe u can take Betu with you for one of the trips when it comes up and that way it will be ok. Anyway, good luck and have loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!
    it'll all work out, don't worry.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and all the best. When I reach your stage, I am gonna bug you with advices. What say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and my very best wishes - It is HUGE step right now but you will manage well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations !! With so much support from your family, I am sure you will manage pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on making a big decision !! Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much all!! I'm also hoping for the best and to give my best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, ~Nm, and ALL the very best too- towards managing your career AND Betu, equally well. :-)

    ReplyDelete