Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy yet sad...

Today hubby, Betu and in-laws left for Bulandshaher to attend a function of a close relative. They will stay over there tonight and shall come back tomorrow morning. I had to stay back as I have to be at work by 8:30 AM tomorrow.

As I was getting Betu ready he suddenly burst into tears. For few minutes he just wouldn't say anything and kept crying. And then he told me. "Mujhe aapki yaad aayegi." and started to cry again. I hugged him tight and let him cry. I felt such a mix of emotions hearing those words. I felt happy at the realization and enforcement of our bond. At how he is sad to be going away from me for not even 24 hours. But I felt my heart wrench at seeing the pain in his eyes. The pain of not having his mumma around. I had tears welling up but I gathered myself and told him that papa shall be there and so will Dadu-Dadi. I also told him that whenever he feels he is missing me he can just cuddle up with them and he can also speak with me on the phone. And its then that I asked him to now think and tell me if he wants to go or if he wants to stay back with me.

He mulled for a while and then asked me "hum jaldi wapas aayenge?" and I nodded in affirmation. Its then that he agreed to go.

And now when they are gone and am thinking about him my eyes are welling up again. I am also not at all used to be away from Betu. Its probably the third time when he will not be with me at night. When we both won't be sleeping snuggled into each other, with his one leg over me and an arm on my chest and I won't be feeling his warm breath on my face. Sigh!


~~ Keep Smiling! ~~

Sent on my BlackBerry®.

16 comments:

  1. aww... that is just SO awww...!!!
    kids know JUST the thing to say to make ur heart melt, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! he is a darling! hugs and lots of puchchas to both of you- Mausi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oww, so sorry for you,
    but then sometimes temporary separation does what togetherness doesnt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...hugs!!!

    hope time flies by...

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwww......... so sweet... hugs
    he'll be back soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwww..been there, done that.
    Feel ur emotions.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww.. *hugs* I think it's amazing when they reciprocate the feeling this way and suddenly touch our hearts. But cheer up mom!he will be back in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)

    it is indeed such a mixed feeling! Betu sure is growing up fast! :)

    cheers!

    abha

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute!!!

    hope you get reunited soon..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes watch them grow up and away from you is a bitter sweet experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to fall ill whenever my father was away for a long time for his office work...

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and they say that the "umblical chord" was cut off after birth :-D it is the greatest mis-conception of our times. yea, physically its not there anymore but psychologically its always connected... at both sides... and (on a side note) thats also why MILs behave the way they do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh !! I so understand you ... I haven't been away from my daughters either and I'd feel as much terrible .... but hey its just for 1 day ...
    He should be back by now ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know wht u mean....missing my son a lot...when hes with me , hes my satlite...

    are they back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy diwali!

    but where are you ?!!

    ReplyDelete