Aug 11, 2008: Edited to add - The Recipe:
On special demand here is the recipe :) Its fairly easy and takes about 20-25 mins.
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced onions (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2-3 green chillies
- Mustard seeds
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Put 1 tbsp oil and when hot add mustard seeds till they splutter.
- Add garlic and saute slightly. (this step is not required you are not using garlic)
- Add onions and saute till translucent. (this step is not required you are not using garlic)
- Add tomatoes and green chilies.
- Add salt and half cup water.
- Cover and let it simmer
- When it gets a little pasty, add sugar and garam masala.
- Let it simmer till the water is almost gone. (If you feel the tomato is not properly done and you need to add more water, do that!)