Thursday, February 19, 2009

A sweet surprise

On Saturday Feb 14, was the craziest day this year so far. It was a rush rush rush situation from morning till late night. The details will follow in a later post.

Betu had a school play scheduled at his school. Once I was done with getting Betu ready Hubby went to drop him at his school. The same day we had to travel to Kota to attend hubby's cousin's marriage. So once they left I got busy trying to take out the clothes that we needed to carry. It was 9 AM and the stomach was growling with hunger. Hubby was taking a bit longer to return and I thought maybe he is getting something packed from Betu's canteen as he had mentioned the previous night. I again drowned myself in the packing frenzy with the hope of some food on the way. Soon I heard the door open and without even turning back I asked him to quickly take out his clothes so that I can put them in the suitcase. And then I heard him say "Happy Valentines day!". I turned around with a blank confused look on my face and saw him walking towards me holding a lovely bunch of red roses. I have no words to describe what I felt at that moment. From surprised to happiness to feeling all mushy.

Aren't they so beautiful? :)

It reminded me of my first valentines day celebrations way back in year 2000. Something similar had happened that time too.

Hubby is not the kinds who believes in gifting or doing special for such occasions. And I love it when he gives such surprises when I'm least expecting it.

I love you so much jaanu.

21 comments:

  1. awwwww!! Thats so totally cute!!! :)

    cheers!

    abha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that poem!! And God! you both are so lucky to have found each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... that's so sweet! in the middle of all the rush too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....how sweet! What did u gift him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet roses! And loved the pic on ur header.Flowers, flowers everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwww kala tikka

    sweet surprise make life worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super !

    Suggest...that you keep it under wraps the Sriram Sene and that ilk is supposed to be watching ! ;)

    Awaiting the larger post though !

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely cute! :)

    I love Red Roses too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww.........how totally mushy!!
    who does not go weak in the knees with red roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How touching and how lovely the flowers are...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god,
    you re one lukky girl.
    wow..
    someone tell my M too...
    all that he did was ask me, "would you be my valentine?" and i responded with
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. u are tagged
    http://monikamanchanda15.blogspot.com/2009/02/cursed-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. i m sure you loved the surprise.

    wishing you both togetherness

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwww...that's so sweet! :) Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, you are tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cupid arrows have hit the mark yet again…… Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats so sweet of your hubby. Surprises are so much Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awwwww
    whatta jaanu!! :))

    ReplyDelete