Thursday, February 14, 2008

Few of my precious things!

I was tagged by JLT to write about few of my precious things(material). So here are the 3 precious things that come to my mind instantly:


One is this pendant that belonged to my Ma. This pendant was given to her by her Ma i.e. My Naniji whom we all called as Mummiji when my Ma was about 13 or so. So if I try to calculate its age its just a little less than 50 years old. Its made from silver with black meena work and intricate etchings. It has the Indonesian folk dancer made on it.



Second is the coin that my Maiyyo (Paternal Great Grandmother) gave me when I helped her tie her Saree. I've had this coin for more than 20 years now. I guess you will need to read my post on her to read the whole background of the coin unless you have already read it before.


Last but not the least is this 'chowki' (low table) which belonged to us when we were kids and now is being used by Anirudh. If my guess is correct these were custom made using the design given by Appa (my father whom I fondly refer as Appa) in 70s. So this chowki is in its mid 30s :) The edges have started to wither and the ply has cracked at quite a few places but its still very much usable.

I've so many more things that I can write about but even after writing dozens of posts I will still be left with at least a dozen more to write! :D

As I was writing this post I realised that most of the precious things are on an average date back to 30 years or so. And I felt 'Wow!' about them.

Now to tag other bloggers...I tag Manasi, Karma Calling & a new acquaintance Shakti

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Hutch

6 comments:

  1. hi...
    some things and memories are priceless!!!!
    sorry. saw your comment on my blog pretty late,thanks for the wonderful comment.
    i will be back for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the 1 re coin. :-)
    Lovely chain, and yeah, the little table is to be treasured. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you wrote another blog. dang. now i have a lot of catching up to do :) I'll definately do the tag.. but in 2 weeks.. because a lot of my precious things are in India and I'll take pictrues of them in a few weeks when I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet :) Nice precious things and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that got me thinking,what do I have that's even as old as me? You are so lucky to have such heirlooms with you right now...
    Will definitely go back and read your related posts...
    BTW, I've tagged you in my latest post. Please take it up..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi nm,

    my post on your tag is on the way... just became so busy...

    sorry abt tht...
    keep in touch nm

    Regards,
    shakti

    ReplyDelete