Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Me? A Schmooze award?? Really???

I really had to pinch myself hard and not once but twice (ouch!) when I saw that I've been awarded the 'Schmooze Award" once by Collection of Stars and again by Just Like that. I had to to make sure what I was seeing is not one of those weird dreams that I get so often. And slowly I realised it certainly was a reality. And I was so ecstatic. As ecstatic as a small child who's just been given a balloon or a chocolate or a new toy! :D

I'm fairly new to this blogging world with my blogging age less than 6 months and not even hundred posts under my belt! And getting this award was something that I never expected. And such sweet unexpected things bring a big big smile on our faces. Don't they?

About the award, "This award is “for blogger who “effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.” (CollectionOfStars, I picked it as it is from your blog but don't sue me for plagiarism :D )

And yes I agree I'm like that. My Google reader is a standing proof of that with over 100 subscriptions just under the blogs category!

COS awarded me saying
"She always leaves very sweet comments on my posts." Thanks COS! You find my comments sweet enough to give me this award made me smile!

JLT awarded me saying
"A very easygoing , likable person. Absolutely without any airs, and very down-to-earth, her writings are warm and effervescent. She can paint very well and man! can she take a picture! Her comments are always friendly and tongue-in-cheek and I like her all the more for it." JLT, I'm totally floored with the adjectives that you have showered upon me. I'm still swimming in them and don't wanna come out :D

Thanks so much girls!!

There are so many I can honour with this award as is the tradition with this award "Give it as you get it". However I will restrict myself to a few.

I award Ps, whom I discovered recently and do not like to miss any post of hers. I may not comment but I make sure I don't miss any post of hers.

I award 2B's Mommy. Again a new discovery but what I like about her is the genuineness about what she writes. They come right from her heart.

And last but not the least, I award Cuckoo. Again a recent discovery but I find his posts amusing and interesting at the same time.

But hey, I must admit, it was them who discovered me and I walked back the trail. And I'm glad I did.

8 comments:

  1. hey--congrats!!U deserve it!!(and thanks too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only join JLT in this. I am not very often in this big blogging world, but I do like to visit yours regularly for the same reason (in addition to other reasons ;) )
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearty Congrats !!! Can I echo JLT's words for you because I feel the same?
    "A very easygoing, likable person. Absolutely without any airs, and very down-to-earth, her writings are warm and effervescent."

    And thank you so much NM [Oh I know your real name now, but don't worry.. won't utter it ;)] for awarding me with this. I am honoured. I have the same feelings as you have. I'll write a post abt it very soon. Some other posts are awaiting their turn. ;)

    BTW, I am a 'she' not a 'he'. Look at my profile picture. Main kahan se 'he' lagti huN? :P
    Thanks once again.

    I'll also try to go thru the blogs you've mentioned. It is always nice to read good blogs.

    P.S.- If you want to read some of my fav posts they are mentioned in left sidebar under My fav posts. I have mentioned very few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will echo that you do leave sweet comments. thanks for the one you left on my latest. it gives me heart that i'm not alone and it will get better.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very very welcome, :-D *Big Hug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there :

    looks like you have a huge fan following. and why am i not surprised?

    congrats are definitely in order here :-)

    guru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations :)
    Well deserved and all those free flowing adjectives surely suit you to a T :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ~nm: Congrats and thanks for all the lovely comments that you leave on my blog :)
    I am catching up on all your old posts and am loving it :)

    ReplyDelete