Thursday, December 13, 2007

Went for a movie on me own!!

Whoever I tell so roll their eyes thinking I must have gone insane to go for a movie all by myself. But I ask why?? Has any of you done so? I mean after being married for quite long? Well..this was a first for me after being married although I wonder whats the connection of being married or not. But somehow now everyone expects that either one should go with hubby dear or with a friend.

Yesterday I had gone to meet a prospective employer which may not eventually be a prospective employer..*sob* *sob* but since the meeting ended early and as I was driving back I saw this Multiplex on the way and decided to check out if 'Khoya Khoya Chand' is playing. Since hubby was not interested in watching this one I thought I will watch it by myself especially since I'm totally vella these days. So after enquiries I had the option of watching Dus Kahaniyan which was scheduled in about 35 minutes. I gave in to the temptation and went ahead and bought the tickets!

As I was waiting I told Hubby about it. He was not particularly happy that I am watching the movie by myself since he too wanted to see it too! But then he didn't have much choice since I already had the ticket. *chuckle*

When I went in to see the movie I had this perception in mind that there will be 10 interlinked stories but it turned out to be 10 different stand alone stories with different titles and different cast. I liked it. Really liked the concept. Almost all the stories were good. But then I have my favourites and the ones that I didn't like much.

I would put the Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah one on the top, then the Nana Patekar one, then Amrita Arora one, then Neha Dhupia and Mahesh Manjrekar. Masumeh and Jimmy Shergill one plus Manoj Bajpai and Diya Mirza will take the same rank. Aftab Shivdasani was also OK OK. I least liked the Dino one and the Sanjay Dutt one.

Its a overall good movie. One time watch for sure. I would love to see the Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah one again! Shabana Azmi was so wonderful. She looked like a total South Indian Brahmin. The expressions, the gestures, the body movements everything was superb! And what I liked the best was how the topic of Hindu and Muslim and the disconnect there was handled so beautifully!

Won't spill more beans. So go ahead and watch it! You will like it too!

14 comments:

  1. Please take me with you next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--I too intend seeing this one! It got a three and a half star rating in times, which means it must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see 'experimental' movies coming up these days!! But alas these will not make enough money to encourage others.

    Regarding this movie, I guess, was resting on double edged sword, if even one story falls short of expectations, then whole idea turns into a bad experience for viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can never do that -watch a movie alone. I like to have company. same goes with eating out - I feel very uncomfortable eating out alone.

    Dus Kahaniyan is on my 'want to watch' list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interview didnt go well so you celebrated with a movie??! that's the spirit, nm!!! really. I watched half a movie alone one time because an ex-friend ditched me and I was miserable (haven't forgiven her yet ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babers I'm-pressed! I have missed many great movies cause I didn't have the right company or the time etc. Plus I'm too chicken to contemplate sitting by me ownsome in a movie hall and others think, "How SAD, she had to come alone!" But, you have inspired me!

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched a movie alone either as I also like to have company. But great! That you did it. Why not! I'm not "rolling my eyes":)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thought never occurred to me to go watch a movie alone... I shop alone, do so much alone so a movie should be manageable too!
    I liked some of the stories in DK, but I think some of them sucked. But yes, I liked the fast paced style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed too. I would go to a restaurant by myself but not for a movie. Just because I'm not much of a movie enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched a James Bond movie all by myself....ahem..literally. There was one other guy who sat in the front and me in the back and that was it. Went back with hubby too a few days later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good show! no, not the movie, but the fact that you went to watch it alone.

    its much easier today to watch movies alone (even for women) because of the well-managed multiplexes.

    i tend to go watch movies alone when i am travelling on work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This reminded me of my solo movie adventure a few years ago ... the others with me that evening wanted to go for a play, which I neither wanted to see nor wanted to pay for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been tempted to go watch a movie alone many times..and I've done some pretty daring things in my life so I'm wondering why I haven't done so yet...maybe I'll take your cue and do it one of these days...Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete